We believe that educated clients are satisfied and happy clients. So, to help ensure you are comfortable with everything we do, here are some answers to common questions we receive.
Simply click on the question…and the answer will fold out!
A (CMS) Content Management System is essentially online, web-based website software that helps you manage the content in your website. It allows you to write text and manage the images, and media you use to communicate within your website. The CMS that we design most of our websites on here at Marketing Integrity is called WordPress. For some of our larger clients we may use a system called Expression Engine.
We primarily use Wordpress because of its very user-friendly interface which makes it easy for you as the end user of the website to learn and use. The website is after-all your site and we believe that Wordpress provides a simple interface that makes it easy for you to manage your content. If you can use MS Word…you’ll easily connect with WordPress!
From the design and functionality standpoint, some of the world’s largest websites are built on WordPress. This platform is powerful, secure, and customizable. We are confident that building your site on WordPress will give you a website that will serve all of your needs!
We specialize in hosting WordPress websites. By hosting your site with us, we map your domain name to our server, manage all the uploading of the files, ensure that your site loads fast, and take security very seriously.
We have what is called a Virtual Private Server (VPS) where we host only our clients sites. Many other hosting providers offer what is called “Shared Hosting” where they essentially pile as many websites onto one server as possible. We are different because we manage our hosting server very carefully and we go to extra effort to ensure you have the speed and bandwidth that will make your site respond quickly to all the traffic it attracts. We are able to provide A+ hosting at a reasonable price so that you can be a good steward of your resources.
We have extras added to our your hosting package such as:
- Firewall: a high-end firewall to keep out hackers
- LightSpeed: software that speeds up your site load time
- Guaranteed Uptime: If your website goes off-line t any point in a given month, simply notify us in writing and we will credit your account for that month’s hosting fee. We are that confident that our service is the best…that we guarantee it!
Hosting is very important. It is the engine that runs your website. Don’t settle for mediocre when you can get the highest-quality for the same or better price.
We have carefully created our hosting packages to be meet your needs and be as flexible and affordable as possible while providing the power, performance and reliability that you demand. Our server is powered with Linux, using the powerful Apache Web Server which is appreciated to be the most reliable and secure software the hosting industry has to offer.
These are our hosting particulars and specifications:
- Canadian Based: Server is located in Toronto, Canada
- Building Security: Server hosting facility has 24x7x365 security on the premises
- VPS: Our server is a Virtual Private Server (only our clients on the server) – makes the load time faster and the files more secure – a higher calibre server than “shared” hosting environments like GoDaddy and most WordPress Hosting providers
- Storage Space: Our Basic account has 2GB of storage space which is generally sufficient for most average websites. If you are hosting many pictures, video, or audio files or you have a large blog archive you may require more storage space and we will add additional storage at the cost of $3 per GB per month.
- Bandwith: 15 GB per month – again this is generally more than sufficient for average websites. If you have a high traffic ratio we can easily increase this amount for $1/additional for 2GB per month.
- WordPress Specialized: We specialize in hosting sites built on WordPress and have been hosting WordPress sites for over 6 years. We know how to ensure WordPress sites load and serve information quickly and we understand the special firewall security needs to keep them secure from malware and hackers.
- LiteSpeed: Our server has LiteSpeed installed which is the #1 Commercial Server and it essentially improves your site’s bandwith performance for improved customer experience and Google rewards you for serving your website information faster.
- Email Addresses: Unlimited email addresses. Typically we set them up as “forwarders” that relay the email to your Gmail/Hotmail etc account. Server based email hosting is also available.
- MySql Databases: Unlimited
- Google Analytics: We install Google Analytics on all WordPress sites.
- Backup Power: Emergency Backup Power system integrated to ensure safety from power failures.
- Server Security: From firewall and brute force protection, spam prevention and anti-virus protection, we make sure your site is safe!
- Proactive Server Monitoring: The server is monitored 24/7 – you will not need to notify us of a problem, and probably won’t even know if there was one!
- Cpanel Interface: The leading dashboard for those who want to manage or access their own hosting panel. One click installs of all major web-based software.
- SSL Certificates: available for $25 per year and we install them for you.
- Cloudflare: available upon request.
We offer very competitive rates for web hosting. We specialize in offering webhosting for churches – special discounted rates for non-profits!
Small/Medium Business: $14.00/month (billed yearly $168.00)
Non-Profit Hosting: $11.00/month (billed yearly $132.00)
Starting with a premium template (paid template) makes the design process more cost effective for you and it speeds up your site development timeline. If we have to custom code your entire website from scratch it takes longer and costs you more than starting with a template as the foundation.
You may be thinking…why not start with a free WordPress template? There are hundreds of thousands of free WordPress templates available…however…they almost always come with a myriad of problems. You never know how they were coded, how secure they are, or if they will be kept current and updated. We insist on building your site on a premium (paid) WordPress template – one that we will chose on your behalf (the cost is typically $90. This ensures the template is well coded and continually revised to ensure security and compliance with the latest versions of WordPress software. Our familiarity with the developers ensures we know how they have crafted the code so that we can customize your site to look and function in a unique manner that expresses the culture and functional needs of your organization.
Responsive Design simply means that the code in your site will automatically adjust the screen size, menus, and images so that it will display perfectly on mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. This eliminates the need to have a separate “mobile website. The WordPress template we will build your site on integrates contemporary CSS coding that ensures that your site is just as effective on a mobile device as it is on a laptop or desktop.
We strongly believe that your website must be secure. So we strongly recommend that we add on these services to your website:
Backup Module: We add this set of features/service on to every site we build. This ensures that your site is automatically backed up every day so that should something happen and your site becomes infected with a virus or it gets hacked, we have a backup that we can reinstall from.
Site Firewall: In addition to the firewall that is in place on the hosting server, we install a secondary firewall around your website. You can never have too much protection against hackers!
Site Maintenance: We take care of keeping your site software complaint and updated with the latest versions of WordPress, your template, and all software modules. You never have to worry – we do all the updates for you – within days of when updates are released!